Cancer survivor makes donation for new art installation at Woman’s Hospital
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Woman’s Hospital unveiled a new art installation in the main lobby of the hospital made possible thanks to a generous donation from a local cancer survivor.
The installation, called “In Flight,” was created and installed by local artist, Brad Bourgoyne, and includes dozens of large cranes that soar above patrons as they visit the hospital.
The installation is the result of a donation made by the Fife family, who have been lifelong supporters of the hospitals.
Rose Marie Fife, a breast cancer survivor herself, is an avid volunteer at the hospital, serving as a NICU Cuddler, member of the Woman’s Auxiliary and Foundation Board, along with having served as the BUST Breast Cancer Committee Chair for the past two years.
- Breast cancer survivors model bras on stage for BUST Breast Cancer
- Planning for annual BUST Breast Cancer event
- Breast surgeons at Woman’s Hospital now performing oncoplasty for cancer patients
- Partial radiation allows some breast cancer patients to complete treatment in under a week
- Woman’s Hospital encourages women to get mammograms on National Mammography Day
- Woman’s Hospital celebrates 50th birthday
CLICK HERE to take a look inside the Breast and GYN Cancer Pavilion.
Copyright 2019 WAFB. All rights reserved.