BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - The Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge says they’ve set a date for the release of the names of priests credibly accused of abusing minors.
In a release sent out Saturday afternoon, Bishop Michael Duca said they’ve completed their review of the files and will release the list of names Thursday, January 31.
In what the Bishop called a “difficult decision," he says he’s convinced that bringing more facts to light will help victims start to re-establish trust in the catholic church.
- 8 clergymen who worked in Baton Rouge area included on list of sex abusers from Archdiocese of New Orleans
- Victims group presses church leadership, AG’s office to push for statewide investigations of ‘pedophile priest’ allegations
- Jesuits release list of members credibly accused of sex abuse; Jesuit HS, Loyola respond
- Advocates call for priest abuse list to also include names of those who helped with cover-ups
- Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge announces independent review for sexual abuse allegations, plans to release names of accused in 2019