1 injured in apartment fire on Gardere Lane

1 injured in accidental cooking fire at Gardere apartments

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - One person has reportedly been injured in an apartment fire on Gardere Lane.

The call went out around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 23 in the 2100 block of Gardere Lane.

(Source: WAFB)
(Source: WAFB)

Firefighters with the St. George Fire Department arrived on scene to find smoke coming from an upstairs apartment. The fire was discovered in the kitchen of the apartment below. Firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly and rescue one person from the apartment. That person was treated on scene by emergency personnel, then transported to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators with the St. George Fire Department were called out to the scene and determined the fire was accidentally started while someone was cooking.

Copyright 2019 WAFB. All rights reserved.