(WAFB) - Below is a list of current road closures in the area.
There are changes to scheduled lane closures on I-10 from Highland Road to LA 73 from Thursday, January 17 through Wednesday, January 23. Only one lane per direction will be closed at a time. Permit loads over 11 feet should call the permit office for alternate routes. The closure is necessary for paving operations from Highland Road to Bayou Manchac. Closure times are as follows:
- Thursday, January 17: 9 p.m. - 5 a.m. Friday, January 18 - EB - CANCELLED
- Friday, January 18: 11 p.m. - 9 a.m. Saturday, January 19 - EB - CANCELLED
- Saturday, January 19: 7 p.m. - 9 a.m. Sunday, January 20 - EB - CANCELLED
- Sunday, January 20: 7 p.m. - 5 a.m. Monday, January 21 - EB - CANCELLED
- Monday, January 21: 8 p.m. - 5 a.m. Tuesday, January 22 - EB
- Tuesday, January 22: 8 p.m. - 5 a.m. Wednesday, January 23 - EB
West Lakeshore Drive will be closed Wednesday, January 16 and Thursday, January 17 between South Stadium Drive and Stanford Avenue for the street to be paved.
From Wednesday, January 16 through Friday, January 18 at 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning (weather permitting), there will be lane closures on I-10 and I-12. This closure is necessary for concrete patching and related work. There are no vehicle restrictions. At least one lane will be open at all times in the following locations.
- I-12 East and I-12 West between I-10/ I-12 split and the Livingston Parish line
- I-10 East and I-10 West between Acadian Thruway and the I-10/ I-12 split
- College Drive between I-10 East Exit 158 Ramp and Corporate Boulevard West
US 61/US 190 (Airline Highway) North and South between Greenwell Street and the Huey P. Long Bridge (Old Bridge) may have one lane closed from Wednesday, January 16 through Friday, January 18 at 8 p.m. each night until 5 a.m. the following morning (weather permitting) for pavement patching and related work. There are no vehicle restrictions. At least one lane in either direction will be open at all times.
I-12 West Exit Ramp will be closed at LA 3002 (Range Avenue) on Monday, January 21 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. (weather permitting). At least one lane will remain open at all times. This lane closure is necessary to allow crews to remove the existing median. To avoid the construction zone, drivers may use I-12 to LA 1026 to US 190 as an alternate route.
LA 3002 (Range Avenue) will have lane closures between I-12 and LA 3003 (Rushing Road) from Monday, January 21 through Friday, January 25 from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. nightly (weather permitting). At least one lane will remain open at all times. These lane closure are necessary to allow crews to do work on the existing roadway. To avoid the construction zone, drivers may use I-12 to LA 1026 to US 190 as an alternate route.
On Tuesday, January 22 from 1 a.m. until 2 a.m., I-10 East will be closed between LA 30 and LA 44 for an oversized load transport. Suggested Detour Route: Take I-10 East to LA 30. Proceed east on LA 30 to LA 44. Take LA 44 South back to I-10. No I-10 East thru traffic will be allowed to pass during this one hour late night closure.
Bluebonnet Boulevard (LA 1248) will have intermittent lane closures from Wednesday, January 2 through Monday, February 4 between the intersections of I-10 and LA 42 (Burbank Drive). Closures will be from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday to Friday and 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. One lane of travel will be maintained at all times. This closure is necessary for concrete pavement patching and curb repair. There are no lane restrictions and no detours necessary. This closure is subject to change due to adverse weather conditions.
A 10-mile stretch of I-10 East and I-10 West on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge between the base of the bridge (MM 117) and Whiskey Bay (MM 129) will have alternating lane and shoulder closures. The closures are to allow crews to perform necessary deck and barrier rail repairs. The entrance and exit ramps will be open to traffic. Below is the schedule of the closures:
- Friday, January 4 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 5 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
- Sunday, January 6 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, January 10 at 5:30 a.m., weather permitting
- Friday, January 11 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 12 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
- Sunday, January 13 at 8:30 p.m. through Thursday, January 17 at 5:30 a.m., weather permitting
- Friday, January 18 at 9 p.m. through Saturday, January 19 at 7 a.m., weather permitting
Claycut Road between South Acadian Thruway and Marwede Avenue will be closed from Monday, July 23 until Tuesday, March 19, 2019 for the replacement of the bridge over Dawson Creek.
East State Street Bridge over Corporation Canal between Dalrymple Drive and Highland Road will be closed immediately (as of Thursday, July 12) for emergency bridge repair. The detour route will be Highland Road to Dalrymple Drive.
Beginning Monday, July 16 from 9 a.m. through 3 p.m., the eastbound left lane on US 190 (Florida Boulevard) will be closed to perform guardrail repairs. The point closure will be 1.2 miles East of US 61.