OFFICIAL "Millionaire Watch and Win Contest" RULES
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win.
1. Promotion Description. The "Millionaire Watch and Win Contest" (the "Contest") is sponsored by WAFB, LLC, located at 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 ("Sponsor") and Disney American Distribution Television (DADT). The Contest begins at 6:30 p.m. Central Time ("CT") February 18th, 2013 and ends at 12:00p.m. CT on February 25th, 2013 ("Contest Period"). Entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. CT on February 25, 2013. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these contest rules.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of Louisiana, at least 21 years old at time of entry. Employees, managers, agents, and directors of WAFB, Raycom Media and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions, entities, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father,sister, brother, ward, daughter or son) or members of the households of such persons (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Employees of DADT are excluded from contest eligibility. By entering, all entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of WAFB, which are final and binding in all respects. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day during the Contest Period.
3. Entry: To enter, watch "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" Monday – Friday at 6:30 p.m. CT during the Contest Period, then log on to www.wafb.com/millionaire (the "Web Site") and answer the questions about that day's show, starting at 6:30 p.m. CT on the day of the episode, through 12:00p.m. CT the following day, to be registered for the applicable day's Contest drawing during the Contest Period. All eligible entries are included in the daily Contest drawing regardless of whether or not the question is answered correctly.
4. Winner Selection: One (1) Daily Prize winner will be randomly selected by 5:00pm CST on the next business day following the day on which answers are submitted. A total of five (5) daily Contest winners will be selected. Non-winning entries from any daily Contest drawing will not "roll over" into subsequent daily Contest drawings. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per person/email address during the Contest Period. In addition, all entrants who correctly answer a question during the Contest Period (as determined byWAFB in its sole discretion) will be entered into a random drawing for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing onFebruary 26, 2013 from among all entries submitted with a correct answer. Odds of winning a daily Prize and the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each daily Contest drawing.
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize winner Roundtrip coach airfare for winner and guest, hotel accommodations for three nights/4days, car service from airport in NY to hotel, to Millionaire studio and to airport for return trip, VIP tickets to a Millionaire taping and a guaranteed audition for both winner and guest. DADT handles the entire trip fulfillment, and produces the 1099 at the end of the year to the winner. Approximate value of the grand prize is $3,000.
Five (5) Daily Prize winners will receive a Millionaire Prize Pack valued at less than $50.00. Prize packs include
a Millionaire Messenger bag, calculator, coffee mug and baseball cap.
All prizes will be awarded. Daily prizes must be picked up at WAFB on Government Street no more than 2 weeks after prize is awarded or prize will be forfeit. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and winners agree that prizes are being provided "as is." Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on prize (if any) are subject to the manufacturer's terms therefore, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee. All details not specified herein as being awarded are at the sole discretion of WAFB.
No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prize is permitted, except byWAFB, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value if prize (or any portion of prize) becomes unavailable. This Contest is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside of Louisiana and wherever prohibited by law. Any and all taxes on the prize, and any other costs, fees, and expenses not explicitly stated herein as being awarded, are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient.
6. Winner Notification/Releases: The potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone. The potential winners will have 72 hours from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification by following the instructions provided therein. If a potential winner does not reply to the notification within 72 hours of its issuance, is ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with these official rules, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, at WAFB's discretion, in a drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received for that drawing.
Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 72 hours of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
Grand Prize winner must be able to travel between September and November when the show is in production. Millionaire tickets are based on production availability and the show schedule is subject to change.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB if WAFB reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service
All participants, by entering, agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, distributors, agencies, suppliers and advertising, promotional and judging organizations and each of their respective employees, officers, managers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively, the "Releases") from and against any and all claims, actions, and/or liability for any loss, injuries and/or damages (including,without limitation, any death or disability) sustained in connection with use or possession of a prize and/or related to participation in the Contest. By entering this Contest and/or accepting the prize, all entrants consent to the use of their name, voices, pictures or other likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes as determined by Sponsors without further approval or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Web Site or any web site related to the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of registration will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to provide the Administrator with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry.
8. Limitations of Liability: The Releases are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and the Releases assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at the Web Site or any web site related to the Contest, or for communications line, hardware and/or software failure, for the reception or other non-broadcast or change in broadcast time of any portion of any episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire," an error regarding the answer to any question posed during the Contest, any damage to entrant's or any third party computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in this Contest, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information, or for entries and/or mail which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select the potential winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such cancellation, termination or suspension.
INNO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITE WWW.WAFB.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES ORPARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.
9. Winners' Names: Each Winner's name will be posted on WAFB.com until March 31, 2013.