- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFB-TV, LA; First American Bank; and Lake After Hours. The contest begins at 8:00pm on Friday, October 5th, 2012 and ends at 8:00pm on Thursday November 15th, 2012. Final entries must be received by 8:00pm on Thursday, November 15 (contest dates may vary due to final number of participating schools). Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Entry into the Cheer portion of the promotion is open to high school cheering squads in the WAFB-TV viewing area. For the voting, the promotion is open only to legal residents of the US and WAFB will accept any vote cast from any US state. The previous season's winner will not be eligible for participation in the contest (2010 winner: East Ascension High School).
- 3. How to Vote. There is one way to vote in this competition. Beginning at 8:00pm on Friday, October 5th, individuals can log on to www.sportslinefridaynite.com and vote for any match-up in the system.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated votes, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online voting, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the voter.
Participants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
- 4. Prize(s). A grand prize will be rewarded to the winning cheer team on or after November 16th, 2012. The team with the most votes at the end of the promotion will receive a $1,000 donation to the winning school. In addition, the winning school will be awarded a trophy to signify the cheer champion. WAFB and First American Bank reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- 5. How the Prizes are Awarded. On or after Friday, November 16, 2012, the winning cheer squad will be announced on Sportsline Friday Nite on WAFB Channel 9. The winning squad will also be contacted by a representative from WAFB. In the event of a tie, WAFB reserves the right to have a one week run off. The cash prize and trophy will be awarded by a representative of WAFB at a randomly selected date after November 21st. Each material element of the selection process must be included, including any tie-breaking procedures.
- 6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) and/or any other persons deemed necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 60 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. The winner must take possession of their prize by 60 days after notification or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV if WAFB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Winners agree to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- 8. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
- 9. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV at 844 Government St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or visit the website at sportslinefridaynite.com after Friday, November 19.
Cheer Challenge - Voting Rules:
1. Multiple votes will be accepted. This means that you can vote more than once every day of the week. The voting system will not allow more than approximately 300 votes during any given 15 minute period. The use of automated voting systems is strictly prohibited. When detected, Poll Daddy will shut the system down to prevent all voting for a "cool down" period.
2. Votes will only be taken by voting online at sportslinefridaynite.com or wafb.com.
3. Voters are not required to live inside WAFB-TV's viewing area.
4. WAFB-TV and sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, forged, mass-reproduced or mass-transmitted, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible votes and such votes are void. WAFB-TV and sponsors are also not responsible for telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, errors or failures in transmission or reception; and any condition caused by events beyond the control of WAFB-TV which may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted.
5. Voting software used on wafb.com does not support Macintosh computer platforms.
6. All mass e-mail programs will be disqualified.
8. WAFB, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the voting process, the operation of the website, or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any game not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
9. Rules may be changed by WAFB-TV at any time throughout the contest.