(2 - 9 x 13 pans)
3 cups cornmeal (self-rising)
1 t. baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour (self-rising)
pinch of salt
2 cups milk
1/3 cup oil (pour in bottom of pan and spoon on top of cornbread from edges)
PROCEDURE - Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (about 45 min.)
12 chicken quarters (boiled and deboned-save broth)
1 and 1/2 pans of cornbread (see above)
2 cans chicken broth
1 bunch of celery (finely chopped - in blender if possible)
3 bunches of green onions (finely chopped)
1 stick margarine
- Sautee celery and green onions in margarine.
- Combine cornbread, broth from chickens (judge "just right"), 2 cans of chicken broth. Stir well.
- Add sauteed celery and green onions. Mix well.
- "Taste test" for salt needed. Add more broth if too dry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until top is golden.