6 rectangular slices of salmon
6 rectangular slices of Mahi_Mahi
10 oz of sauteed spinach
3 oz honey
1 tbsp cracked balck pepper
2 oz butter
1/2 cup beurre blanc
10 oz of cooked grits
2 tbsp pesto
1/2 red bell pepper julienne
1/2 green bell pepper julienne
1/2 yellow bell pepper julienne
1 pinch basil
salt and pepepr
- Build the Napoleons with 1 slice of fresh salmon, top with a slice of Mahi_Mahi, one layer of spinach, top with a slice of fresh salmon and a slice of Mahi_Mahi, a layer of spinach; and finish with a slice of Mahi-Mahi and a slice of fresh salmon. Repeat for the second Napoleopn.
- Cook Napoleons in a saute pan with the butter, under cover and low heat.
- Cook the grits (1/3 cup grits for 2 cups water). Add pepper and salt and 1 oz of butter and 2 tbsp. of pesto. Cook until thick and tender and reserve in a small square pan
- Sautee julienne peppers in 1 oz butter with salt and pepepr and the pinch of basil until tender, but not over-cooked.
INGREDIENTS for Beurre Blanc Sauce
1/2 cup white wine
1 small chalotte
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch salt
4 oz room temp. butter
- In a sauce pan, pour white wine and add julienned challotte
- Add salt and cayenne pepper, reduce to 1/3, add the cream and reduce to 1/3
- Take pan off the fire and add the room temp butter a little at a time.
- Pass through a sieve and reserve
ASSEMBLE THE PLATE