Yields 10 servings
5, 6 oz maple leaf duck breasts
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tbl olive oil
- Remove skin. Set aside and reserve for duck cracklins for garnish.
- Rub duck breast with olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat and sear duck breast on both sides.
- Finish in a pre-heated 400 degree oven.
- Baste breast with bing cherry cane sryup glaze to get a lacqeur finish.
Bing Cherry Cane Syrup Glaze
1/2 cup bing cherry juice
1/4 cup Steen's cane syrup
2 tbl butter