INGREDIENTS for Chicken and Corn Cakes
1(12oz) package Stouffers corn souffle'
3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1(4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
7oz roasted red bell peppers, chopped & drained
4 green onions, tops and bottoms, chopped
1 and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
INGREDIENTS for Avocado Cream
6 oz avocado dip ( may use package frozen dip or make your own)
3/4 cup sour cream
- Thaw corn souffle in microwave at Medium power 6-7 minutes
- Combine corn souffe and next 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Shape corn mixture into about 20 small patties or 10 large ones, and coat with remaining 1 and 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in a large skillet, medium-high heat, Cook cakes 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix avocado dip and sour cream together
- Drizzle or place a small spoon full over each cake