6 cups whipping cream
2 cups whole milk
2 cups sugar
30 oz. white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
12 egg yolks
36 oz. stale bread (any stale bread, French if you prefer)
3 tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp Myers Rum
Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large saucepan, heat whipping cream, milk, and sugar over medium heat stirring occasionally. When hot, remove cream mixture from heat. Add white chocolate pieces. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Combine whole eggs and egg yolks in large bowl. Whip eggs vigorously for approximately one minute. In a stead stream, slowly pour cream mixture into the eggs and continue whipping as you add cream mixture.
- Place sliced bread on baking sheet. Bake in oven between 275-325 degrees until bread is dry.
- Pour bread in large mixing bowl. Pour cream mixture over bread. Press the bread into the cream mixture until mixture is absorbed into bread and becomes soggy (can use fingers). Add remaining cream mixture. Add lemon to taste.
- Pour bread pudding mixture into 20" x 12" x 4" baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes until pudding is set and golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with White Chocolate Rum Sauce.
INGREDIENTS for White Chocolate Rum Sauce