Crab Leak Hash Medallions
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups leeks
1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 lb. lump crabmeat
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups new potatoes diced
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup green onion
1 cup flour
salt & pepper to taste
- Fry new potatoes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve. Place in mixing bowl.
- In a heated Saute pan add oil then butter, add leeks, garlic and red bell peppers and saute, then add crabmeat and season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce and remove from heat.
- Add parsley and green onion. Chill.
- Add eggs, flour and mix.
- To prepare Crab Leek Hash Medallions in 2oz. portions, place saute pan over medium/ high/ heat and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Place 2 oz. portions of crabmeat mixture and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Place on baking sheet and keep warm in 200 degree oven.
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 qts water