December 16, 2006
16, 21-25 Shrimp peeled tail on and butterflied
16 marinated quartered artichokes
8 Sliced apple-smoked bacon
2 cups Cooknkajun Alfredo Sauce
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan
1/4 cup capers
- To marinate the artichokes, mix 1 cup Italian dressing with 1/3 cup Worcestershire. Cover the artichokes and let sit for at least one hour if not overnight.
- Take the quartered artichoke and stuff it along the butterflied back of the shrimp.
Cut a bacon slice in half and wrap it securely around the shrimp.
- Repeat until all shrimp are stuffed and then skewer the shrimp 4 to each skewer.
- In a medium sauce pan heat Cooknkajun Alfredo over medium heat and stir in parmesan cheese and capers and let simmer stirring occasionally.
- Heat your broiler or grill to a high temp and cook shrimp on both sides for at least one and a half to two minutes on each side.
- Once cooked thoroughly ladle the sauce onto the bottom of the plate unskewer the shrimp and place around the plate on top of the sauce.
Note: If you are using wooden skewers its best to soak them in water for a couple of hours or overnight to prevent them from scorching.