1 fresh hen
1 stick of butter
Black pepper to taste
2 cups Flour
1 cup shortening
Pinch of Salt
Green onions for Garnish
8 strips of Bacon
1. Cut the hen into cooking pieces.
2. Cook bacon until crisp and set aside for garnish.
3. Boil hen for 30 minutes in large pot. Do not drain water.
4. Place butter into pot with hen and let simmer together for 30 more minutes until hen is tender.
5. Mix flour, salt, and shortening in large bowl until dough is a consistent mixture. Roll dough out with rolling pin.
6. Cut dough into long strips.
7. Place strips of dough into pot with hen. Cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
8. Remove from heat and let cool.
9. Garnish with fresh green onions and crispy crumbled bacon.