- 1 cup Abita Root beer
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 2 Tbsp pepper jelly
- 1Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Chef Ed's Holiday Blend
- 2 each cloves
- 2 cups 10x Powdered Sugar (for later use)
- In a large sauce pan boil root beer then add dark brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Then add bourbon pepper jelly balsamic vinegar and cloves.
- Cook until the glaze coats the back of the spoon.
- Then add Chef Ed's Holiday Blend cook for two more minutes.
- Pour over ham 30 minutes before taking out of the oven. Once ham is removed and glaze is set, pack powdered sugar around ham.
- Let set 2-3 minutes, then either broil till sugar crisps or torch.
- Add o.j. concentrate
- Maraschino cherry juice
- Maple syrup
- Creole mustard