Wednesday, September 20, 2006
20 Ea frog legs
1 cup flour
¼ cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp garlic minced
1 cup chicken stock
¼ lb. garlic-herb compound butter
2 cups marinated grape tomatoes
salt / pepper
- Season frog legs with salt and pepper.
- Dust the frog legs in flour.
- Heat vegetable oil in sauté skillet. Cook frog legs in oil - taking time to brown on both sides.
- Add minced garlic to skillet and quickly sauté until tender.
- Add chicken stock to frog legs. Once stock is simmering turn off the flame.
- Add the compound butter to the skillet one pat at a time. Swirl the butter to melt and coat the frog legs.
- In a separate skillet warm the grape tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes in the middle of the plate.
- Place frog legs over tomatoes and drizzle with the sauce left in the pan.
To make the Compound butter: Allow one pound of butter to soften at room temperature. Fold in the following ingredients:
2 Tbsp Garlic minced
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp pepper
To marinate grape tomatoes, cut 2 pints of grape tomatoes in half and add the following ingredients: