Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Yield: 4 Servings
2 ½ lbs Fresh Salmon Filet, Skin Off in 10 ounce Portions
1 pt Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bunch Fresh Thyme, Picked
4 oz Capers
8 sheets Rice Paper
2 oz Dill Oil
6 oz Saffron Crème
- Combine olive oil, onion, thyme, capers and salmon; Marinate for at least one hour. (can be as long as overnight.)
- Re-hydrate rice paper in tepid water.
- In re-hydrated rice paper, place a small amount of marinade aromatics (thyme, onion, caper) and then place salmon filet on top of aromatics. Wrap fish in rice paper as to completely enclose the fish. Repeat until all fish is wrapped.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pouches in a hot sauté pan and sear until lightly browned, turn over and place in 375 degree oven to finish. About 7 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Plate and garnish with dill oil and saffron cream.
12 0z Heavy Whipping Cream
6 threads Saffron
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine heavy cream and saffron and reduce by half.
- Cool and reserve.
4 springs Fresh Dill
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive