Pan Seared Duck Breast in a Normandy Cream Sauce w/Raspberry and Blueberry Coulis
Monday, July 3, 2006
Seared Duck Breast
2 boneless duck breasts
Small amount of olive oil for sauté' pan
- Place duck breast skin side down in preheated pan that has had a thin coat of olive oil.
- Caramelize both sides of duck breast.
- Discard excess fat from pan.
- Place pan w/breasts 350 degree oven until partially done.
- Slice across the grain in thin cuts; hold for final preparation.
Normandy Cream Sauce
- Sauté' sliced mushrooms in duck fat remnants until soft.
- Deglaze with brandy, preferably Calvados.
- Add about 8 oz heavy cream and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Use same preparation technique for each fruit.
- Prepare separately to maintain flavor and color integrity.
- Sort berries to remove any stems, leaves or defective fruit.
Plating the duck: