Water heater installation reportedly caused apartment complex fi - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Water heater installation reportedly caused apartment complex fire

Crews responded to a fire at Georgetown Apartments Monday afternoon (Source: WAFB) Crews responded to a fire at Georgetown Apartments Monday afternoon (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Crews responded to a fire at an apartment complex Monday afternoon.

The fire happened at the Georgetown Apartments in the 6600 block of Harry Drive.

A property manager for the apartment complex said the installation of a new water heater in one of the units was the cause of the fire. A spokesperson for BRFD said they believe the fire was unintentional, and foul play is not suspected.

Two of the apartments suffered heavy fire and smoke damage, according to BRFD. There were no injuries.

Five people were reportedly displaced. A property manager for the complex said they were relocated to new units.

Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly