BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Fire officials said someone left food cooking on a stove, which resulted in a fire that destroyed a home Sunday.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on North 15th Street near Gayosa Street a little before 5:45 p.m.
Curt Monte with BRFD said flames were shooting through the roof when firefighters arrived on the scene.
He added it was determined the fire started in the kitchen and spread to the attic.
According to Monte, there was only one person inside the home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner.