NOAA announces initial 2018 hurricane season outlook

RAW: NOAA 2018 Initial Outlook

(WAFB) - The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) released its initial 2018 Atlantic hurricane season outlook Thursday morning.

Officials are forecasting 10 to 16 named storms, 5 to 9 hurricanes, and 1 to 4 major hurricanes.

They added there is a 40% chance of a near-normal hurricane season, a 35% chance of an above normal season, and a 25% chance for a below normal season.

Don't forget to watch our 2018 hurricane special, "The 5th Season," on Thursday, May 31 at 6:30 p.m.

Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.