BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Secretary of State Tom Schedler is accused of sexually harassing a female employee.
The woman filed a lawsuit and is being represented by attorney Jill Craft.
Schedler announced his resignation effective May 8, 2018.
He plans to fight the allegations.
Below are related stories in order from newest to oldest:
- REPORT: Future acting sec. of state may have known about Schedler's problems with alleged victim
- Sec. of State Tom Schedler sends resignation letter to governor amid sexual harassment lawsuit
- Kennedy calls for Schedler's resignation after sexual emails released
- Sec. of State speaks on sexual harassment policies amidst allegations of his own misconduct
- Attorney for Schedler's accuser fires back following his decision to not resign immediately
- Sec. of State announces will not seek reelection in 2019 amid sexual harassment scandal
- Gov. Edwards says Sec. of State Schedler should step down
- GOP State Senator wants Schedler to step down amid allegations of relationship with employee
- Female employee files harassment suit against Sec. of State Schedler
On the go? Take WAFB with you. Download the WAFB 9News App on your iOS or Android device for the latest news, traffic, alerts and 24/7 live streaming wherever you are.