Information provided by Louisiana Senate
BATON ROUGE, LA - The Louisiana State Senate will hold its 14th Annual Military Family Day to honor Louisiana Fallen Heroes and their families on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 2:30 p.m., during the legislative session in the Senate Chamber at the State Capitol.
Since the Military Family Day program began in 2005, the Senate has honored 228 fallen soldiers from Louisiana serving in the U.S. military for their sacrifice in defense of freedom. This year, six fallen heroes will be honored with a resolution, authored and read by Senator Jonathan Perry (R-Kaplan) and passed by the entire membership. Each Senate Resolution (SR) will be given to the soldier's family along with a state flag. The following will be honored:
- SR 127 - SGT Mark C. Palmateer, Army National Guard
- SR 128 - LCPL Dominique J. Clement, United States Marine Corps
- SR 129 - SPC Brock Rollins, United States Army
- SR 130 - LCPL Taylor Conrad, United States Marine Corps
- SR 131 - LT Patrick Ruth, United States Navy
- SR 132 - Airman Matthew Chialastri, United States Navy
"The Senate's annual Military Family Day is our humble attempt to pay tribute to Louisiana's fallen servicemen and women," said Sen. Perry. "We are honored to celebrate the lives of these six young men as we commemorate their service and sacrifice."