(WAFB) - Governor John Bel Edwards released the following statement following severe weather that passes through the WAFB viewing area on Saturday, April 14.
Governor Edwards also remarked on the tragic death of a child in Bossier Parish.
"Our hearts break for the young family from Bossier Parish coping with the loss of their daughter from this severe weather," he said. "Donna and I send our prayers to them during this very difficult time."
A possible tornado was reported around 10:35 a.m. Saturday near Siegen Lane.
Power outages have been reported throughout the state.
Emergency crews in Baton Rouge responded to calls at the following locations:
- Structural damage to buildings located in the commercial area of Siegen on Cloverland and Cedar Park
- Downed power lines in various areas
- A tree down on two cars on West Parker Blvd.
- A tree on a house in Oak Hills Place
- A tree on a house off Oneal
- A viewer reports damage in the Glen Oaks area
Downed trees and power lines have also been reported in Amite County, Pike County, St. Helena Parish, and West Baton Rouge Parish.
Street flooding has been reported in Livingston Parish and Ascension Parish.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff's Office reports wind damage to the roof of the Plantation Inn off US Highway 90. No injuries were reported.
Send pictures of damage to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the latest weather forecast, CLICK HERE.
Additional stories connected to this storm system: