LAFITTE, LA (WAFB) - Despite weather conditions this past week offered a lot of great fishing.
Saturday's City Park Big Bass Rodeo saw outstanding high school fishing teams compete in the battle of the bass. Cabrini High, the only all-girl team out of 150 high school anglers took first place.
The Bonnet Carre Spillway is closed and fishing in Lake Pontchartrain can start getting back to normal.
Down in Lafitte, Wish to Fish, a non-profit that takes kids fishing held an event in Thursday's high winds. Six captains of the organization took 12 students from Belle Chasse Academy and showed the kids a great day of fishing
There is little doubt conditions are improving, speckled trout and other fish are shifting into their spring summer patterns and reports should just keep getting better and better.
That's this week's BIGFISH report. I am Captain CT Williams for WAFB 9NEWS.
Set your DVR! The BIGFISH TV show airs on WAFB every Saturday morning at 5:30 a.m.
MORE OUTDOORS STORIES:
- BIGFISH: Let the bass drop...into your boat
- La. leaders propose raising hunting, fishing licenses fees
- BREC hosting 2 Sunset Paddles at University Lakes in April
- Canoe, kayak boat launch now open at BREC's Highland Road Park
- Learn how to throw an axe and shoot a bow at Gotham Archery
- Want to ride a horse? Saddle up with BREC's Farr Park Equestrian Center?