WASHINGTON PARISH, LA (WAFB) - Officials with the Washington Parish Sheriff's Office arrested a woman Wednesday on numerous drug and weapons charges after receiving tips from concerned residents.
WPSO's Drug Trask Force and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) obtained a search warrant for a home in Pine and arrested Carla Renee Thomas, 43. Detectives and DEA agents say they found the following items in Thomas' home:
- 79.7 grams of methamphetamine
- 26.6 grams of marijuana
- Digital scales
- Drug paraphernalia
Thomas was booked into the Washington Parish Jail on March 7 and charged with the following:
- Distribution of schedule II narcotics (3 counts)
- Distribution of schedule III narcotics
- Possession with the intent to distribute schedule II narcotics (3 counts)
- Possession with the intent to distribute schedule III narcotics
- Possession of schedule IV narcotics
Thomas remains incarcerated with bond set at $300,000.
"Once again, we see the value of a joint effort between your sheriff's office and the DEA to eradicate illegal narcotics in Washington Parish and put drug dealers in jail. It is a great partnership and we will continue to work together on behalf of the good citizens of our parish," said Sheriff Randy Seal.