BRFD: Space heater causes house fire on Sumrall Road

Fire on Sumrall (Source: WAFB)
Fire on Sumrall (Source: WAFB)

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Emergency crews responded to the scene of a fire at a home on Sumrall Road Friday afternoon.

Firefighters with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to the scene Friday, January 12 shortly before 1:30 p.m.

Officials say no one was injured. BRFD has determined the fire started due to a space heater that was too close to something combustible.

The house is considered a total loss.

A cold front dramatically dropped the temperature overnight in Baton Rouge and the forecast will remain the same for the next several days.

Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.