GONZALES, LA (WAFB) - The City of Gonzales is partnering with the National Park Service to improve bike and walking paths in the city.
Charlotte Guedry, a spokesperson for the City of Gonzales, said the city is working with the federal agency "to identify and prioritize needed facilities which will enhance economic development, complement existing facilities/parks and improve trails."
City leaders are hosting a meeting to gather input from residents on the project. Guedry said city leaders are hoping Gonzales residents can help them with the following questions at the meeting:
- Where can existing paths be connected?
- Where are new paths needed?
- How can we improve current paths?
- How many miles do you run or bike?
- Do you currently have a running/biking path in the city limits?
The public input session on the Gonzales Master Trail will be held on Wednesday, January 10 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Gonzales City Hall.