The morning rains have ended and temperatures are finally trending warming.
MONDAY: Flash flood watch canceled; cloudy, a spotty shower possible, a high of 63°
MONDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy, chilly - a low of 49°
TUESDAY: Partly cloudy, dry; light northerly winds - a high of 64°
WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy - mild, a high of 70°
THURSDAY: Increasing clouds, 50% rain coverage; a high of 71°
FRIDAY: Pre-dawn showers; generally cloudy and much cooler - a high of 50°
SATURDAY: Sunny - but chilly (early light freeze possible), a high of 52°
SUNDAY: More sunshine - (early light freeze possible); a high of only 46°
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Bands of moderate/heavy rainfall moved across SE LA and SW MS during the early morning hours - an overnight Flash Flood Watch was cancelled prior to its expiration time of noon …
- Generally speaking, widespread rainfall totals were in the range of 1" - 2" (some neighborhoods could have received slightly more); overall, it was a challenging morning drive due to the wet, slick streets and perhaps the fact that it’s Monday!
- Good to have moderating temperatures - again - much closer to the seasonal norm for an afternoon high this time of year, in the low/mid 60°s …
- In the span of 72 hours, we went from a HARD FREEZE WARNING to a FLASH FLOOD WATCH Monday morning!
- We’re looking at basically quiet weather Tuesday and Wednesday - in fact, our temperature may return to the lower 70°s Wednesday - before another storm system sweeps through, bringing more rain and MUCH colder weather.
- In fact, there could be a "light freeze" both Saturday and Sunday mornings - (lower 30°s) and our daytime high may not get out of the 40°s Sunday afternoon!
Coastal Waters: West winds, 20 - 25 knots; Seas, 6 - 10 feet; GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 P.M.
Inland Lakes: South - West winds, 10 - 15 knots; Waves, 1 - 2 feet
TIDES FOR JANUARY 9:
High Tide: 12:25 a.m. 0.0
Low Tide: 8:35 a.m. -0.2
RECORD HIGH/LOW FOR JANUARY 8 … 81° (2008); 20° (2015)
NORMAL HIGH/LOW FOR JANUARY 8 … 62°; 41°
SUNRISE: 7:03 a.m.
SUNSET: 5:20 p.m.
Copyright 2018 WAFB. All rights reserved.