Fire causes 'significant damage' to Baton Rouge home on Christmas Eve

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Baton Rouge home was badly damaged in a fire Sunday afternoon.

It happened on Fairfields Avenue just off Plank Road.

According to a release from the Baton Rouge Fire Department, an electrical malfunction in the attic caused the fire.

The house suffered significant damage due to the fire, but a family of four was able to get out of the house without any injuries.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze before it could spread to adjacent structures.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.