DELACROIX, LA - Reports here at Seabrook keep getting better and better. the wall and bypass canal seem to be the hot spots but if you really want to have some fun and catch a mixed box of fish, you may want to try Delacroix.
Captain Jack Payne and I launched the boat from his Sweetwater Marina just after sunrise, we headed south starting at areas in and around at grand lake a short ride from the marina with no shortage of fish.
"The fishing has been real steady and great I'm not going to say in any aspect it's not good it seems like when it gets colder they school together sometimes a little easy to target," Payne said.
Speckled trout, redfish, hybrid stripers, it's all kind of good fish even some bass right here in Delacroix.
Great fishing good conditions this weekend so get out and come on down to Sweetwater and catch some of these. That's this week's BIGFISH report. I'm Captain CT Williams with Captain Jack Payne for WAFB 9 News.
MORE OUTDOORS STORIES:
- Want to ride a horse? Saddle up with BREC's Farr Park Equestrian Center
- Granny takes down buck day after 90th birthday - and it's one of her smaller trophies
- LDWF stocks Burbank Park Lake with 800 lbs. of adult catfish
- 4 gun safety rules for a safe hunt
- Canoe, kayak boat launch now open at BREC's Highland Road Park
- Local hunter survives tree stand malfunction, takes down 8 point buck the next day