Bedroom catches fire due to electrical malfunction, firefighters - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Bedroom catches fire due to electrical malfunction, firefighters say

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

The bedroom of a home caught fire Sunday night due to an electrical malfunction, according to investigators.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported it happened on Yazoo Street north of I-10, near South Acadian Thruway, around 9:30 p.m.

Curt Monte with BRFD said firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading beyond the bedroom where the fire started, but the rest of the home had smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross was contacted to assist the homeowner.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly