BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - One person is in custody after a crash during a police chase Tuesday morning, according to investigators.
Louisiana State Police identified the suspect as Alvin Lathers, 31, of Baton Rouge. He is facing the following charges:
- Aggravated flight from an officer
- Reckless operation
- Negligent injuring
- Hit and run
- Driving with a suspended driver's license for DWI
- Misuse of a dealer tag
- Fake motor vehicle sticker
- No insurance
- Failure to register a vehicle
- Aggravated obstruction of a highway of commerce
- Probation and parole warrant for possession with intent to distribute marijuana
Troopers confirmed they tried to pull over a vehicle on US 61 (Airline Highway) near Siegen Lane around 6:30 a.m., but the driver reportedly refused to stop. Officials reported they chased the vehicle until it crashed on the exit ramp from I-10 West to College Drive.
The exit ramp was partially blocked for about an hour. It was fully reopened just before 8 a.m.
The Baton Rouge Police Department assisted in police chase, officials said.