BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Kenneth Gleason, 23, was arrested September 19 on two counts of first degree murder, two counts of illegal use of a weapon, two counts of attempted first degree murder, and aggravated criminal damage to property. He is being held without bond.
Gleason is accused of killing two black men in what are being called "possibly racially motivated" shootings. Gleason is also accused of shooting into the home of a black family living in his neighborhood. No one was injured in that incident.
- Accused murderer kept notebook of personal writings
- Kenneth Gleason charged with 2 counts of second-degree murder in random shootings
- No arrests in connected BR killings; police aren't ruling out possibility crimes were racially motivated
- Mayor praises BRPD for investigative work after two apparently connected fatal shootings
- Police identify man killed in Alaska St. shooting; 7th BR homicide in 7 days
- Police release identity of man believed to homeless killed on Florida Street