Replacing lima beans with edamame (soy beans) gives this traditional Southern dish an inspired update. Gourmet mushrooms along with dried cranberries provide a unique savory and sweet undertone while the spicy dressing supplies a flavorful kick.
2 packages (4 oz each) gourmet mushroom blend, coarsely chopped
2 TB organic extra virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 package (16 oz) Edamame soy beans, thawed
2 cups fresh or frozen organic corn kernels, thawed
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
INGREDIENTS for Dressing
2 TB Thai sweet red chili sauce
1/8 – 1/4 tsp Thai red curry paste
2 TB mirin
1 1/2 TB toasted sesame oil
- Sauté the mushrooms over medium-high heat in the olive oil with salt and pepper for 7 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms give up their liquid.
- Place edamame and corn in a large serving bowl.
- Add the hot cooked mushrooms, the cranberries and the peppers.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients.
- Gently toss together and adjust seasoning to taste.