Clothes burning in stairway catches hotel on fire - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Clothes burning in stairway catches hotel on fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A fire at the Crossland Hotel has been attributed to clothes burning a stairway, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department.

Officials responded to the 11100 block of Boardwalk Dr. in the Sherwood Forest area of Baton Rouge at around 10 a.m. Sunday for a building fire.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find fire in the rear staircase of the building. Officials say the fire was contained to the outside of the building.

A fire investigator determined someone setting clothes on fire in the stairway started the blaze.

Estimated damage is $50,000.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly