BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Firefighters with the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a home on N Foster Dr. Saturday afternoon.
The fire happened around 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 29 in the 3900 block of N Foster Dr. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire about ten minutes after arrival. The family of five was not home at the time, but two family dogs were killed in the incident.
Officials with BRFD say the fire was caused by a malfunctioning water heater. Firefighters were able to contain the damage to the attic, but the rest of the home received heavy smoke and water damage.