Electrical panel malfunction causes 2-alarm fire at business war - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Electrical panel malfunction causes 2-alarm fire at business warehouse

Huge plumes of smoke were seen from a fire on Mammoth Avenue at West Perdue Drive in Baton Rouge. (Source: WAFB) Huge plumes of smoke were seen from a fire on Mammoth Avenue at West Perdue Drive in Baton Rouge. (Source: WAFB)
The fire caused extensive damage to a warehouse on Mammoth Avenue at West Perdue Drive. (Source: WAFB) The fire caused extensive damage to a warehouse on Mammoth Avenue at West Perdue Drive. (Source: WAFB)
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Firefighters were called out to a large fire that destroyed a business warehouse in Baton Rouge early Wednesday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported United Millworks on Mammoth Avenue at West Perdue Drive is a total loss because of a two-alarm fire that started a little before 2 a.m.

Mark Miles with BRFD said it took firefighters nearly three hours to get the blaze under control. 

Miles also stated firefighters were pulled from the inside of the building because there was concern about a roof collapse. There were no reports of injuries.

Investigators have determined that the fire started from a malfunction in an electrical panel. 

The business designs custom doors and windows.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly