BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - On Wednesday, May 31, the Baton Rouge Police Department attempted a narcotics arrest. The suspect, Joshual Hilton, allegedly fled in his vehicle. During the pursuit, Sammy Lee, 12, was struck and killed. Hilton was arrested and charged with manslaughter.
At some point during the chase, police fired shots at Hilton. He was reportedly struck at least once. When he was apprehended, he was treated at a local hospital. The following day he was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison.
STORIES RELATED TO JOSHUAL HILTON (SUSPECT):
- Man accused of running over young boy while fleeing from police convicted on drug crimes
- Attorney issues statement after new charges filed against man accused of killing 12-year-old during police chase
- Driver who allegedly killed 12-year-old boy during police chase charged with attempted murder of officer
- Troopers arrest driver who allegedly killed 12-year-old boy during police chase
- EBRSO apprehends suspected drug dealer, seizes almost 7lbs of marijuana and meth (Prior arrest)
STORIES RELATED TO SAMMY LEE (VICTIM):
WAFB is currently available on Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and coming soon to Apple TV. Watch the latest newscast, live streaming 24/7. Get the biggest stories, investigative reports, weather, and sports on demand.