(WAFB) - The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is seeking applications to fill 100 reservist positions for Public Assistance (PA) Site Inspector Specialists at various locations.
Reservists are brought to disaster sites to assist in federally declared disaster operations. More specifically, PA specialist conduct site inspections of claimed disaster-related damage. Essential knowledge required for this position includes:
- Understanding and experience related to general engineering and construction practices for public infrastructure
- Experience inspecting and assessing damaged infrastructure
- General knowledge of building codes and standards
Preferred professional certifications for this position include:
- Construction management
- Construction and building inspectors
- Disaster recovery specialists
- Sewage and waste water treatment experts
- Road and bridge work
- Customer service experience
Those who join the Reservist Program must be able to deploy with little to no notice to anywhere in the U.S. or its territories for an extended period of time. While active and deployed, specialists will serve in a federal travel status and will be entitled to lodging, transportation, and per diem reimbursement for authorized expenses. Expected hourly rate is up to $24 per hour, depending on experience.
All applications should be sent via email to FEMA-DR4277-LA-LOCAL-HIRES@FEMA.DHS.GOV with the following subject line: 2401 - Public Assistance Site Inspector Specialist - PA. Applications will be accepted through April 29.
For more information, visit www.laworks.net.