VILLE PLATTE, LA (WAFB) - A man was killed in a house fire in Ville Platte Tuesday night, and State Fire Marshal investigators believe a pot left of the stove may be to blame.
Investigators were dispatched to 1314 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr. around 10 p.m. Tuesday night. While putting out the fire, firefighters discovered the body of Jessie Bias, 55, in the living room of the home, which suffered heavy damage as a result of the fire.
After an examination by fire investigators, Bias' body was released for the Evangeline Parish Coroner's Office for an autopsy.
While there is currently no official cause for the fire, investigators determined the fire started on the stove in the kitchen, where melted remnants of a cooking pot were found.
The investigation is ongoing.