BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - First Lady Donna Edwards, along with Prevent Child Abuse (PCA) in Louisiana and other local partners, planted pinwheels at the capitol for Child Abuse Prevention Month.
The event was held on Friday, April 7 on the state capitol lawn directly across from the front steps. Edwards currently serves as PCA Louisiana's honorary chairwoman for their activities.
The pinwheels represent the great childhoods all children in the state deserve.
Since the organization started in 2008, more than 5-million pinwheels have been displayed across the nation in pinwheel gardens.
Pinwheels will be available for a $1 donation to support PCA Louisiana's outreach programs. For more information, to volunteer, or donate, visit www.pcal.org.
Community partners for the event include:
- Baton Rouge Children's Advocacy Center
- Baton Rouge Diocese
- Baton Rouge Police Department
- Bikers Against Child Abuse
- Families Helping Families
- The Life of a Single Mom
- Louisiana Children's Trust Fund
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services
- Louisiana Department of Health
- National Child and Family Services
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Start Corporation
- Volunteers of America of Greater BR