(WAFB) - Payless ShoeSource has announced it will immediately be closing 400 stores nationwide.
Of those 400 stores, nine are in Louisiana. Payless reported Tuesday, April 4 that they are filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. CEO W. Paul Jones called it a difficult, but necessary decision "driven by the continued challenges of the retail environment," according to CNN.
The following stores in Louisiana are closing:
- Abbeville - Tiffany Plaza Shopping Center
- Gonzales - Ascension Plaza
- Houma - East Side Plaza
- New Orleans - Algiers Plaza
- Plaquemine - Belleview Plaza Shopping Center
- Shreveport - 2517 Hollywood Ave.
- Shreveport - Kmart Shopping Center
- Slidell - North Shore Square Mall
- Thibodaux - 610 N Canal Blvd.
The full list of stores closing nationwide is below: