MARKSVILLE, LA (WAFB) - The second-degree murder and attempted murder trial of former Marksville deputy marshal Derrick Stafford began on Monday, March 20, 2017.
- Marksville trial begins: 'hail of gunfire' killed Jeremy Mardis
- Marksville Trial Day 2: Father of 6-year-old killed testifies
- Marksville Trial Day 3: Several expert witnesses testify; prosecution rests
- Marksville Trial Day 4: Judge denies mistrial request
- Marksville Trial: Derrick Stafford found guilty of manslaughter, attempted manslaughter
- Attorneys and family members comment on Derrick Stafford manslaughter conviction
- Derrick Stafford set to learn fate in sentencing hearing
CLICK HERE for more stories related to this case.