Absent cook sparks blaze that destroys apartment - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Absent cook sparks blaze that destroys apartment

Source: WAFB Source: WAFB
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

An unattended pot on the stove is one of the most common causes of house fires. It is exactly what happened at an apartment near North Sherwood Forest.  

The fire broke out at roughly 8 p.m. Tuesday at an apartment complex located on Red Oak Drive.  

Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department knocked out the blaze before it damaged the neighboring apartments.  

Thankfully, no one was injured.  

The Red Cross is assisting the family. 

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly