DENHAM SPRINGS, LA (WAFB) - Five women have been arrested by the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office as part of a prostitution bust in Denham Springs. One man was also issued a summons as part of this operation.
On March 15, LPSO partnered with the Louisiana State Police SVU Task Force to conduct a controlled, undercover prostitution operation at a motel in Denham Springs.
"Undercover agents located online profiles which offered cash in exchange for sexual favors. An undercover agent made contact using the information listed on those profiles. A meet was set up. Arrests were made thanks to this team effort," said Sheriff Jason Ard.
The following were arrested and taken into custody on various charges:
- Sicily Bananno, 19, of Baton Rouge: Charged with prostitution and resisting an officer
- Katie Mallet, 32, of Kentwood: Charged with possession of schedule I, II, and III controlled dangerous substance and possession of drug paraphernalia
- James Randolph, 33, of Baton Rouge: Charged with soliciting for prostitutes
- Miranda Turner, 22, of Arkansas: Charged with prostitution
- Angela Wright, 27, of Denham Springs: Charged with prostitution
- Annette Young, 33, of Baton Rouge: Charged with prostitution