BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Fraud investigators have been working overtime investigating cases of reported fraud related to the August 2016 flooding. Many contractors are now facing criminal charges for allegedly taking payments for projects that were never completed.
Below are a list of the accused contractors and the stories related to those arrests.
Chancellor Orlando Porche
Denny Cutrer and Jennifer Haywood
Edward Starks Sr.
Mark Willis Jr.
- Contractor Matthew Morris set for hearing to find out if he can represent himself
- Contractor Matthew Morris set to face additional charges in East Baton Rouge Parish
- Livingston grand jury indicts Matthew Morris on 51 counts
- Ascension Parish grand jury indicts contractor, Matthew Morris, on 84 counts of fraud, other charges
- Infamous contractor Matthew Morris faces new charges in Ascension Parish
- Contractor arrested on fraud charges by a sheriff's office now wanted by several other law enforcement agencies
- Baton Rouge contractor arrested on felony fraud charges, bond set at more than $500K
- Wanted contractor linked to multiple fraud cases arrested
Ora Mae Williams
- THE INVESTIGATORS: Contractor nailed for skirting the system set to pay up
- THE INVESTIGATORS: Contractor nailed for skirting the system
- THE INVESTIGATORS: Skirting the system?
- Baton Rouge owner accused of stealing thousands from Baker residents
- Baton Rouge siding business owner arrested again, this time in Ascension Parish
- Officials transfer BR contractor accused of fraud and theft to another parish prison
- Baton Rouge contractor responds to fraud, theft charges after second arrest
- Baton Rouge siding company owner arrested again after new charges filed
Willie Morris, Jr.
Wilson Reado Jr.