Firefighter suffers minor injuries in partial ceiling collapse during business fire

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A firefighter was injured while trying to put out a fire at a business on Jones Creek Road south of George Oneal Road on Sunday, according to officials.

The St. George Fire Department responded to the fire at Cast Iron Kitchen around 6:30 p.m.

Eldon Ledoux with SGFD confirmed a firefighter was injured when the ceiling partially collapsed. He added the firefighter was treated at the scene by EMS and went to the hospital to get treated for minor burns and heat-related symptoms.

The firefighter's name was not released. Officials say he is home resting.

According to Ledoux, the business was closed at the time of the fire, so there were no employees or customers inside when it started.

Investigators have not yet determined what started the fire.

Copyright 2017 WAFB. All rights reserved.