BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - On Thursday afternoon, the Baton Rouge Fire Department was called out to a fire at the Pirates Bend Apartments on Plank Rd.
Around 12 p.m. Thursday, March 2, firefighters responded to 8165 Plank Rd. for an apartment fire. BRFD firefighters arrived at the scene to find smoke coming from the apartment. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen.
Due to a quick response by BRFD, the apartment received very little fire and smoke damage.
The cause of the fire was a pot of grease left in the oven unattended.