OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFB, LLC (“WAFB-TV”), 844 Government Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70802 and Olinde Hardware and Supply Co., LLC. 9536 Airline Hwy., Baton Rouge, LA 70815 (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 11:59 AM, January 6, 2017 and ends at 11:59 AM, February 1, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59 AM, February 1, 2017. This promotion is void where prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and Federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. All times herein are Central.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties or parishes: Louisiana: Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St Helena, St Mary, West Baton Rouge, West Feliciana who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and Mississippi: Amite and Wilkinson who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees, or persons living with employees or immediate family members of employees, of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFB-TV, , and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The phrase “immediate family members” refers to spouses, parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and any other extended family members. Only one entry per entrant will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Notwithstanding the foregoing, bonus entries can be earned by sharing the contest through social media using the refer-a-friend function. Once shared entrants will receive one bonus entry for each additional entry received through their unique url.
3. How to Enter. There are three (3) ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 11:59 AM, January 6,2017, individuals can enter by logging on to and completing the online entry form on www.wafb.com/grammy, The WAFB News app, or The Louisiana Deals app. The WAFB News app (available free on the iOS and Google Play App Stores) and The Louisiana Deals app (available free on the iOS App Store). Entries must be received by 11:59 AM, February 1, 2017 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAFB-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAFB -TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAFB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). A trip (February 11-13, 2017) to attend the 2017 GRAMMY® Awards on February 12, 2017, including: Round-trip coach air transportation to Los Angeles from anywhere in the 48 contiguous U.S. States. Two (2) nights first class hotel accommodations at The Courtyard Marriott 901 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015 Los Angeles -double occupancy, approximate value $240 per night. Two (2) Bronze level category tickets to the GRAMMY® Awards on February 12, 2017 (Provided by CBS) at the Staples Center, 1111 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California 90015, approximate face value $200 per person. Two (2) tickets to the official GRAMMY® After Party at the Los Angeles Convention Center, West Hall, 1201 Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90015, with live performances, cocktails, refreshments and food service, face value of approximate face value $200 per person. Admission for two (2) to the GRAMMY® Museum located at 800 W. Olympic Boulevard A245, Los Angeles, California 90015, face value of $12.95 per ticket. $300 in the form of prepaid card for airport transfers or food and beverage at LA Live or wherever the card is accepted. Breakfast daily. RPMC professional travel planning and coordination, including a dedicated travel specialist, booking and coordination of air, hotel and activities, and a day-by-day itinerary. RPMC winner management services including telephone contact and correspondence, scheduling of travel dates and destination and toll free number assistance. (Total prize value: $4668.00)
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prize will be awarded by random drawing from all eligible entries. Winner notified by phone at the number provided on his/her entry form on February 1, 2017.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A valid driver’s license or other valid picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 11:59 AM, February 3, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFB-TV if WAFB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name, voice, likeness, biography, and opinions in publicity in ay media, worldwide, without any additional compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Entrant releases Sponsor(s) from any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, product liability, and merchandise delivery.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Sponsor disclaims any representations or warranties regarding the merchantability or fitness of any prize.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFB-TV, 844 Government St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802 or visit the website at www.WAFB.com between February 3, 2017 and August 3, 2017.